Join Our Mailing List and our DISCORD
Our schedule of events and practices can be found on our Calendar page and updates will be sent out via email and DISCORD so be sure to sign up for our mailing list and DISCORD! We’d love to see you at our social events, so you can get to know our members and find out if this is the club for you!
How to Register for the Club
1) Log into Ideal Logic using your UCLA login (we suggest bookmarking this website for future use). Ideal logic is the one-stop-shop for forms, paperwork, and payment for UCLA Club Sports.
1) Choose the “Student Home” tab on the left side of the screen.
2) Click “Join a Club Sport” from the center menu.
3) Find “Archery” and click “Join Now”. The sports are alphabetized so it should be right near the top.
4) Complete all of the required forms*, review, and submit**
You are now registered for the club! All you need to do now is pay club dues.
*If you need to complete a physical, you can find more info here.
**You will be asked to pay a $50 Club Sports Admin fee. This money goes directly to UCLA’s Club Sports office and helps to pay for their free giveaways, end of the year banquet and much more. You only pay this once per year and afterwards you can register for as many club sports as you like.
1) If you are not automatically directed to payment after filling the required forms, navigate back to your “Student Home”. After registration, you will see “Pay Member Dues” on the right side of your dashboard under ” Current Memberships”.
2) Open the form and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to choose whether you would like a quarterly membership or a yearly membership ($90 per quarter or $180 for the whole year). Notice you save quite a bit of money in the long run by paying yearly, plus no need to remember to renew! Once you have chosen your preferred membership, you will be asked to provide payment.
Once you have submitted and paid, you are officially a member of the club and can now attend all practices and events!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! After completing the steps above, feel free to join our DISCORD, mailing list, like our Facebook page, and register for an account on this website to access the member area for resources and to stay up to date on all club events and announcements.
FAQs About the Club:
Q: How can I learn more about the club?
A: If you are interested in the club or just looking to learn more, you can join our DISCORD and subscribe to our newsletter to receive all club related news and updates straight to your inbox. You can also interact us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to ask questions and be the first to know what our club is up to.
Q: How will COVID-19 affect the club’s activities?
A: Archery is a non-contact sport that can be practiced safely with all current COVID guidelines in place. We are conscious of the current COVID climate and will take the necessary precautions to keep our members safe and healthy. We encourage you to join our DISCORD and our mailing list to receive updates on practice times and procedures. All practice procedures comply with LA and UCLA guidelines for non-contact sports.
Q: When and where are practices?
A: Practices are on Wallis Annenberg Stadium, just north of the John Wooden Center. We have begun our regular practices for the Fall quarter which generally run Mon-Fri 2-5PM each week. This can vary depending on field availability but our calendar always has the most up to date practice schedule. Check our calendar for updates and join our DISCORD and our mailing list to be the first to know!
Q: Is it okay to show up late to practice if I have class right before or during practice hours?
A: Yes! Our practices are come and go, so you are welcome to drop by or leave whenever you like! There’s not as much structure to our practices as other sports so everyone can go at their own pace. Feel free to ask any of our coaches or experienced members for tips while we’re shooting. We all love to help! We also offer form workshops for new members during normal practice hours so please drop by!
Q: Is there a deadline to sign up for the club?
A: Nope! Registration is open year round. As stated above, since we don’t have as much structure during practices as other clubs, there are always beginners who join part way through the quarter/year so you won’t be alone!
Q: Can I use club equipment outside of practice?
A: Most likely! Assuming equipment availability, we are more than happy to lend equipment to archers looking to practice outside of club practice hours. Please talk to our equipment manager if you are interested in borrowing club equipment.*
Q: Does the club compete?
A: Yup! It’s one of the most fun experiences of being in the archery club. It’s optional to compete but since a lot of other schools we compete against also have beginners, it’s a good way to network and have fun! Tournament fees differ from tournament to tournament but there are plenty of things you can do to lower the cost for yourself.
* All rentals will be documented and a small refundable deposit may be required for long-term rentals. Loss or damage to club equipment may incur fees and/or membership suspension at the discretion of the equipment manager and executive board.